Old 25-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Phisherman

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 19:11:06 -0000, (Bill Oliver)
wrote:

Just for giggles I planted a couple of Elliot highbush blueberry bushes
to see how they did here in the NW Georgia mountains. While I planted
them too late to see if they bear good fruit here, I was amazed by the
brilliant fall color. Do these make good hedges? I Googled on it and
found some mention, but no pictures.

billo

There are many varieties and to have a good production a few different
varieties are recommended for good cross pollination. They grow best
when planted 8 feet apart. It takes a few years before you will get a
decent yield, and then you have to use bird netting if there is any
hope to bake a pie. There are better choices for a hedge. I've seen
several wild varieties (low bush) growing in the E. Tennessee
mountains.