Old 25-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Katra

In article ,
Someone wrote:

Jason Quick wrote:
"HPBudlong" wrote :

I was checking into using "water crystals" in my organic garden because
being
in Zone 9, we need to retain as much moisture as possible in the soil.

A British company suggested that I use "Seaweed meal", i.e. ground up
seaweed,
as this would help retain water in the soil. I see this is being used a
lot on
England, but can only find liquid seaweed or kelp here.

Does anyone here have any experience with this stuff? Where can I get some
in
the US, prefereably Los Angeles area.

Dunno about LA specifically, but doing a Google search for "kelp meal"
(include the quotes) yields plenty of mail-order sources for kelp meal.
I'd imagine that calling local garden shops would get you some positive
hits
as well.

Jason

is the salt taken out?