Old 26-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Allview

Default Elderberry bush?

In November I had a big spruce tree cut down and replaced it with a lot of
topsoil and whatever dormant bushes I could find at the local nurseries. I
always intended to plant bushes for the birds but could find no berry bushes.
Guess the birds will appreciate the cover. There is a large space at one end
of this new garden and I would like to plant an elderberry as soon as I can.
Will I be sorry? Do nursery grown elderberry bushes thrive? I have lots of
space for it to spread. Is it a good idea or not? Sunny location.

Marilyn in Ohio (zone 5/6)