Old 26-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Klara

In message , Cerumen
writes

"Klara" wrote in message

Or ... my daughter asked how she can get lily pollen out of a white
towelling dressing gown (don't ask!), as washing doesn't seem to
work....
but it doesn't really fit any of the categories I ca think of, except
that it's a biological stain....

According to my book...
"Pollen: microspores are mainly two layer, the intine inside which is
mostly cellulose and the outer exine layer which is very resistant to
disintegration, extreme heat and strong acids or bases have little effect
on it."
Maybe dye the dressing gown the same shade?

Oops! Thanks for this, it explains a lot - I guess they are engineered
for survival. So, a pollen-yellow dressing gown it is, then!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin