Old 26-12-2004, 02:08 PM
David J Bockman

It's tough to keep neat, tending to form massive, unkempt colonies.
Nevertheless, those fruits sure are prized by a wide variety of wildlife,
and I think it's gorgeous in flower. They tend to do best in wet areas.

Dave

"Allview" wrote in message
In November I had a big spruce tree cut down and replaced it with a lot of
topsoil and whatever dormant bushes I could find at the local nurseries.

always intended to plant bushes for the birds but could find no berry

bushes.
Guess the birds will appreciate the cover. There is a large space at one

end
of this new garden and I would like to plant an elderberry as soon as I

can.
Will I be sorry? Do nursery grown elderberry bushes thrive? I have lots

of
space for it to spread. Is it a good idea or not? Sunny location.

Marilyn in Ohio (zone 5/6)