Old 26-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Klara wrote:

Or ... my daughter asked how she can get lily pollen out of a white
towelling dressing gown (don't ask!), as washing doesn't seem to
work....
but it doesn't really fit any of the categories I ca think of, except
that it's a biological stain....

any ideas?

As other people say, 'taint the pollen that taints. Pollen is largely
protein, so blood and similar stain removers might help (though it is
a VERY different class of proteins). But the colour is likely to be
similar to similar vegetable colours from the same family. Which is
not a huge help ....

As someone else has said, white towelling can usually take some pretty
rough treatment, so there is the option of using bleaches. In addition
to the common hypochlorite bleach, there are others, and there is also
ultraviolet light - but you will have to wait until summer for some of
that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.