Old 26-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Klara

In message , JennyC
writes
My daffs are 4 inches high but not showing colour yet (Rijnveld's Early
Sensation, one of the earliest\). I spotted a Winter Aconite about to open
in the garden today and Celandine virtually open. Snowdrops are showing
white buds
Trevor
East Yorkshire

Just cut arm fulls of Lonicera x purpusii for the scent, Camellia St ewe
should be out by Christmas day, both of which are normal. Daffs and snow
drops no where near up here, not even leaves but several Hellebores out.
Should be able to start some gardening after Christmas having spent the
autumn rebuilding what is now the worlds poshest outside loo! Happy
Christmas all.

Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

I has one azalea flower !!! Hope there will be more soon:~) Jenny

Just got back from a very frozen doggy walk - any signs of life
yesterday seem to have been (literally) nipped in the bud. But with the
bright sun and frost and somewhat frozen lake, it was just like winters
used to be - and the dog certainly seems to get much more excited. I
think the scents of wildlife must be stronger in the frost?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin