Old 26-12-2004, 11:05 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"abraham" wrote in message
. uk...

I have some very large trees 100 foot on the street in front of my house,
now although I like trees they are a pest each year by having too many
leaves. the problems are as follows

1, block out light
2, make my car sticky
3, make a good roosting platform for pidgeons mucking the pavement.

All I want to do is to stop the leaves growing back instead of killing the
tree. As the tree is tarmaced right up to trhe trunk, I think it gets all
its water from my garden so I have dug a hole in my garden about 6 foot

from
the trunk and I want to pour poison in it to feed into the roots.

Somebody
suggested salt but Im not sure.

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

So, you want to poison the tree but not kill it? Stop it producing leaves
yet stillhave it live even though it has no leaves and cannot feed itself
and will die? How will stopping the leave, stop the pigeons from perching on
the branches?
Once you have poisoned and killed the trees, make sure your insurance is up
to date for when branches fall off and kill or injure people and for when
the trees topple over and fall onto your house.
Opps, you don't have a house do you? Trolls live underneath bridges.