Old 27-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Franz Heymann

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Sacha
writes
On 26/12/04 16:34, in article

,
"Klara" wrote:
snip

I suppose I should have guessed that lily pollen would stain

pretty
badly: after all, the colour in saffron goes a very long way.

It seems the disaster also involves a cream bedspread ... so

we'll have
lots of chances to try all permutations of cures!

Maybe I should offer to fly with the washing to, say, Arizona,

and
spread it on some large cacti! For a slight fee, of course?

If it's not already too late for the bedspread, blowing as much

pololen away
as possible and then applying strips of sellotape to the stains

helps a lot
to lift the pollen. I'm afraid that brushing makes it worse. ;-(

Thanks, but - if only.... Unfortunately, my daughter only consulted

me
when she had already washed everything and discovered that it wasn't
going to be as simple as that :-(

So it has to be plan B and, putting everything together, biological
wash, followed by washing with bleach, followed by boiling,

followed, if
everything else fails, by dyeing everything yellow....

Let us know if plan B works.

Franz