Old 27-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Loki

il Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:18:48 GMT, "andr0meda" ha scritto:

Hmmm....this is the problem. I am in Australia, weather is good, etc. But
the Lime is in a pot because it is a small patio created from the end of a
driveway which I closed off with a fence; therefore no soil - pots only. The
poor lime has to stay where it is, I am only trying to feed it but any pack
of fertilizer only advises about trees in ground.
Thanks for your help,
Andr0

Well I'm in NZ and I have a lime in a pot. It has survived two frosty
winters and a lousy summer so far. I use slow release fertilizers,
like ozmacote and nitrophos or whatever takes my fancy. And liquid
ones too. Nothing specifically for citrus but I suspect it needs some
trace elements now. Since the leaves are not uniformly dark green.
Magnesium I think it is but I have some epsom salts for that. I may
even get a citrus feed. The liquid feeds are good as back up to
whatever you mix in the soil.

The pot it's in is 42cm across at the top, and at least that deep.
It gets lots of small limes, but these will drop off after cold
weather, but usually enough is left. The first year I had it, it had
millions, and dropped millions.

Anything is probably better than nothing.
--
Cheers,