Old 27-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Ray

Sorry, Claude!

I think it was my problem for posting B.C. (before coffee), but you
apparently have one as well:

Based upon the info from the label (posted on my website), to get 125
ppm N you add 0.625 teaspoon of the Well Water (N=19) formula or 0.83
teaspoon of the Pure Water (N=13) formula to a US gallon of water.

..
"Phalguy" wrote in message
Hello Ray!

An US gallon = 3,8 L.
Accroding to the ppm calculator on your site, tu get a 125 ppm N,
you need
.5 teaspoon ! Why did you write 0,095 to get 125 ppm N?

I`m confused! I just woke up `cause I was working night, so that`s
maybe....

Claude

"Ray" wrote in message
| The calculations are (approximately):
|
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.095 x N (from fertilizer label) for 125
ppm
| teaspoons/gallon (US) = 0.114 x N (from fertilizer label) for 150
ppm

| The MSU formulations were designed to be used at 125 ppm as that
| provides the maximum growth without overdoing the nitrogen (which
is
| what the MSU folks concluded was the cause of reduction in
blooming)
| while providing the correct concentrations of all of the other
| nutrient ions without waste.
|
| Personally, I doubt going a bit higher on the concentration of
your
| solutions will have any consequences to your plants, but is a
waste of
| fertilizer, which can have a long-term environmental impact.
| --
|
| Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| .
| "Phalguy" wrote in message
| Hello Ray!
|
| The MSU should be use at 125 ppm of N. Is it a strict number or
if
| you go a
| little higher it would be fine too, I mean about 150 ppm?
|
| To get 125 ppm on N, you have to use .5 teaspoon?
|
| Thanks
|
| Claude
|
| "Ray" wrote in message
| | Bob,
| |
| | One thing you might note in your docs - Bill Argo told me that
the
| | fertilizers were designed to be used at 125 ppm N at every
| watering.
| |
| | FWIW, I have been using it that way for 18 months now, and am
very
| | pleased.
| |
| | --
| |
| | Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - www.firstrays.com
| | Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and Lots of Free Info!
| | .
| | "Bob Betts" wrote in message
| | The Canadian broker is AMA Plastics in Kingsville, ON.
| | 1-800-338-1136.
| | The man I talked to (Bill) said that several societies have
| bought a
| | bag. They only sold it in 25 lb bags when we bought it for
the
| | society last year. I don't know if they sell it in smaller
| | quantities
| | yet.
| |
| | The data sheet that comes with it is not complete. I have a
| | complete
| | data sheet on our club website at
| | http://los.lon.imag.net/MiscFile.asp
| |
| | The data was updated from articles in Orchids and from
personal
| | communications with Jan Szyren -Greenhouse Coordinator:
Plant
| | Biology
| | Teaching Greenhouses and University Orchid
Collection -Michigan
| | State
| | University
| |
| | I also added a table of the various amounts of fertilizer to
add
| | an
| | IMPERIAL gallon to get the ppm values since the original was
| only in
| | U.S. gallons. Finally, I added teaspoons of fertilizer
values
| since
| | the original only came with numbers for ounces and grams of
| | fertilizer
| | since all of our members had access to a teaspoon but most
of
| them
| | did
| | not have access to anything that would measure ounces or
grams.
| |
| | Good luck.
| |
| |
| | On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:23:23 -0500, "Phalguy"
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | Hello everyone!
| |
| | Anybody knows a good online priced source of superthrive in
| Canada?
| |
| | Also, where can I get the MSU fertilizer for well water in
| Canada? I
| | know
| | Ray sells it but it`s impossible to send it to me because of
| | regulation
| | problem!
| |
| | thanks