Old 27-12-2004, 07:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well...... if we're going to nit-pick. ;o) I'll add that one should post
their parameters here if they don't have a clue what the readings are
telling them, before they do anything.

If one does a water change when the ammonia is high, but the pH has crashed
so it is not toxic, doing a water change with pH 7.1 & up, will turn that
ammonia toxic and kill the fish almost post haste. The higher the pH the
faster the kill.

Check the parameters and report.
Ammonia high, treat the ammonia (Amquell or similar) then do a water change
using same product regardless of chlorine, chloramines, or none, in your
replacement water. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~