Old 28-12-2004, 07:09 AM
George

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
news:zbWzd.644129$D%.591463@attbi_s51...

"Crashj" wrote in message
On or about Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:06:45 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote something like:

The moisture that comes in off the
gulf was providing the precip that froze. Therefore, we kind of had an
upside down weather pattern. Points north, that usually get the

flurries
got nothing.

That would be what we call here, "lake effect" snow. Usually happend
off the down wind side of the Great Lakes, or the Great Salt Lake, or
Lake Champlain, for instance. Makes for Great Skiing!
--
Crashj

About the only place hilly enough in the Houston area to ski would be an
interstate exit ramp, and I wouldn't recommend anyone do that.

Thankfully, familiarity doesn't breed enough contempt around here for anyone
to have been complacent (or stupid )enough to try it. I'm sure Crash was
referring to the texture of the snow. Besides, the further South you go,
where the snow was deeper, the fewer exit ramps there are. I would love to
have seen snow on the beach.

Having spent quite a lot of time on beaches in Florida, I must say that the
thought of snow on the beach is quite incongruous.