Old 25-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Frogleg

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:25:48 GMT, curious wrote:

So, I have a very basic question about cooking it. Do I cut off the
head of the pod before cooking? If not, do you eat it or cut it off
after cooking?

Slice off top, then slice pods into 1/4" discs. Roll around in
seasoned cornmeal to coat, and saute in a little oil 'til crispy. They
can also be sliced thicker (1/2 "), then dipped in batter and
deep-fried. Or battered and fried whole. Harvest pods when they are
small -- 4 inches max -- as they get a bit woody when they grow
larger.