Old 28-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Nick Wise

Mytag wrote:
Hi, I have a 48"X18"X12" heavily planted tank. At present I am

running a
150watt MH light with two single 30watt fluros.
The MH is apparently 5500K and the two fluros are 6000k each.
What I would like to know is if I go to a higher rated Kelvin for the

MH
will it affect the plants too greatly? And what rating do people

suggest?
The 5500K MH throws off a yellowish/ orange colour and Id like to

have a
more whiter colour in the tank, as it sometimes looks like the plants

are
growing in pee!!! (LOL... I hear you!)

Long story short, NO.

The color temp will not affect plant growth. The only difference is
how it appears to the human eye. If you don't like the color of the
5500k bulb try a 6500k.

Nick