Old 28-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 04:27:49 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

The question is a legitimate question. I know nothing about
eating radish greens. I'm fairly new at messing with growing
various plants.

When you see recipe suggestions (and food displayed in supermarkets)
without warnings about toxicity, it logically follows that it is
generally safe to eat. I believe rhubarb is marketed *without* the
leaves, and any search on the subject would warn of irritating levels
of oxalic acid in those leaves. You say you'd done a search on radish
leaves and found recipes and no warnings. I can't think *what* could
have made anyone ask this question; hence my label of 'troll.'

BTW, the picture of the "carrot" plant you referred us to is a leaf
lettuce of some sort. Again, if you have *ever* seen carrots with tops
in the grocery store, that question, too, appears to come from a
desire to irritate rather then genuine puzzlement. You might just as
well point to an oak tree and say "is that a carrot?"