Old 28-12-2004, 04:18 PM
whatever

Default question about flower fragrance

Hello. I wonder if anyone can answer a possibly dumb question - it's a
matter of settling a dispute. Does a frequently sniffed flower have
less
fragrance than one that is not sniffed? A friend of mine insists that
roses at a convenient height for smelling always smell less intense
than
ones that you have to go out of your way to smell. He thinks that with
each sniff, some of the fragrance disappears and is not replaced. I
don't
agree. If anyone has any knowledge (or even an opinion) about this, I'd
be interested in hearing it. Thanks in advance.