Old 22-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Glenna Rose

writes:

in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

This reminds me of the cat I had when my husband and I married. Her name
was Baby; she loved to go into paper sacks. My husband would twirl her
around his head for two or three rotations, then let her out. (The first
time I was horrified and asked him to not do it anymore!!!) She would
stagger around for a while, go up to him, rub his leg, then get back in
the sack and look at him until he did it again.

Oddest thing! Baby loved to go for car rides, and he wanted to take her
up in the light plane, which I said absolutely not to, because she would
have likely liked that as well. Even if she did like it, it would have
been horribly unsafe, for us and for those on the ground, if she freaked.

My current in-house cat also loves to get into paper sacks and will hide
in the back peering out. She is the "find any little spot to hide and
watch" cat, loves baskets, purses, etc. She is not, however, the one who
loves the garlic chives. Those chives are not even safe from him outside!

Cats, catnip. This fall, I located two large bird cages to put around
catnip plants so they can be planted in the ground. In the past, they
have been in hanging pots in the apricot tree and are still subject to
getting demolished.g One night I looked outside to see a neighbor's cat
jumping up at the pot trying to get his/her share.

Thanks for your sig line.

Glenna