Old 28-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Franz Heymann

"Broadback" wrote in message

Hi All,

I am looking to plant bluebells in the lawn at the back of my

house.
The soil is a little heavy with little if any direct sun during

winter
The lawn isnt used much as I often let the rough grass grow much

longer
than the front lawn.

Is it best to plant Bluebells in the green?

When is the best time to plant?

How long do I leave my lawn before I can cut it in the spring?
I live in the North East (UK).

Chris

Bluebells spread into my lawn four years ago, I cut them back

whenever I
cut the grass, the blasted thing still keep coming.

Yes. Once you have them, it is quite difficult to get rid of them.
IMO they belong *only* in the traditional bluebell wood where they can
go on the rampage to good effect.

Franz