Old 29-12-2004, 04:33 AM
benzette

stay off the soil until it dries out ... then you can fill in the
divots. then in the spring when it warms up you can add more seed. the
grass/lawn takes a good year or two to really fill in.

David Cleland wrote:

Hi

I moved in to a new house - the builders gardeners levelled my front lawn
with top soil and sowed the area with grass. This was in sept - the grass
has a fair coverage although it is not 100 dense yet and no doubt the spring
will help that. The problem is - the area is like a marsh. if you stand on
you sink an inch or so. It is like it is just soil.

Will it sort over the spring as more grass spreads or do I need to take
action now ?

David