Old 29-12-2004, 03:25 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:00:43 GMT, wrote:

just like there is no downside to doing water changes.

I'm sorry, but I just have to disagree with this one point. Since we have
no idea if the PWP (Person With Problem) even has decent water to exchange
with. Locally we have people take it straight from the irrigation canal
with no idea that the controllers add strong algae periodically. Plus, and
I restate, if there is ammonia, can make things worst with a water exchange
of higher pH. At a bare minimum people should have an ammonia tester.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~