Old 29-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Charlie Pridham

In article , Trevor
Appleton writes
My daffs are 4 inches high but not showing colour yet (Rijnveld's Early
Sensation, one of the earliest\). I spotted a Winter Aconite about to

open
in the garden today and Celandine virtually open. Snowdrops are showing
white buds

I saw a Celandine flower up the road today, and Gorse up in Scotland on
Christmas Day. I had an Abutilon flowering outside on the 23rd (I've
brought it indoors since.) But there's not all that much in flower this
year.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

May not have snowdrops or daffs up but the Abutilons are wonderful! we have
a few around the garden and they are never out of flower, several are
looking as good as mid summer especially milleri and megapotamicum. Acacia
retonoides has just stopped flowering it did not like the frost and snow
over much! but then it started in June so I shouldn't complain! and anyway
Acacia baileyana has now started and is flowering in the same bed as
Coronilla and the ever reliable Euryops.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk