Old 29-12-2004, 10:16 PM
John Savage

"Ray Drouillard" writes:
Or, get a good electric fence and space wires about three inches apart
above the strawberries. It's not like you have much ground to cover.

Or, just space three strands of black cotton thread (thin sewing thread)
about 4 inches above each row of plants. The birds don't see the thread
and take fright when they bump into it. Keep the threads taut between
stick supports pushed into the soil. My Dad used this to keep the
sparrows from devastating his lettuce crops, and I reckon it should
work for the bigger birds, too.