Old 29-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Loki" wrote:

il Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:54:40 GMT, Someone ha scritto:
[snip]

My guess? Certsin crops can take certain amounts of- at least- sea
salt.

K.P. Graham

well, i will be dadgummed! thank you!

I was looking for stuff on alkaline soils and found out via various
sources that
1. Seaweed is alkaline
2. that peppers like slightly alkaline soils

No wonder peppers do so well in Texas! ;-)
We are on limestone flats...

So many darned rocks in the soil, I just do raised beds!

3. And sandy soils leach out really quickly, hence their need for
things with lots of micronutrients. Little and often was the motto
there.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...