Old 30-12-2004, 02:46 AM
Bill Oliver

In article .com,
Russ wrote:
Heather,

I just purchased two Adirondack Chairs from Summerseat. As far as the
quality issue goes, Summerseat has a lifetime guarantee, so I would
assume they are fine. Hope this helps. Oh, the also feature a new chair
each month and they are having a winter sale right now of 50% off an
adirondack chair. Cheers!

I try very hard to buy this kind of stuff locally. I have lived recently
in Maryland, Virginia, and Georgia and have been able to ferret out local
craftsmen, or at least local stores, for good wooden yard furniture,
including Adirondack chairs. And in all cases, they've been cheaper than
mail-order or internet.

If you want stuff that isn't off the rack, check out the local crafts
fairs. Most of them have furniture makers of one sort or another.
These fairs are particularly fun if you have an idea for a piece of
furniture that isn't a real common piece. If you can sketch it out a
little, you can often find someone to make it on commission at a
reasonable price. We have a couple of people at my church who will
make furniture or cabinetry on commission surprisingly cheap,as long
as you make it a cooperative project -- you need to listen and understand
why he makes a suggestion to change your design, and as long as you
aren't in too much of a hurry.

billo