Old 30-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Dwayne

The first thing I would do, is decide what I wanted to grow. Then I would
find out what each of these items needed from you (water, compost, sunshine,
acid or non acid soil). Then I would draw a graph of the proposed garden,
measure it, and then put that info on the graph. Find out how far apart
each of the items you want to grow need to be planted, and how many of each
you need for your family. Start putting them in your graph according to
their needs. Have a pH test of your soil completed to see how acidic it is.
Usually it is pretty hard to grow things in a soil that doesn't meet their
acid needs. It is even harder to make and keep it more acidic than nature
has made it. I grew blueberries in AR, but lost them all in KS.
Blackberries taste great in AR, but aren't sweet here. I suggest matching
your soils pH.

If you want asparagus, artichokes, garlic, or fruit trees. It would best
plant them in permanent a place, where they get full sun. I would go to our
College extension office and find out what varieties of each grow best in
your climate, and then try to find those.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it will save you failure and
disappointment later. That is a project for the winter months and it would
keep you in the mood until time to put them in.

Dwayne

"Patskywriter" wrote in message
pat