Old 30-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:51:01 GMT, Andyd wrote:

Definitely looks like Frostweed. Annoying plant, seeds out and
spreads like mad. I am constantly having to battle the stuff, I can't
seem to get the upper hand on it, I have neighbors with the stuff so
thick you'd have a hard time walking through it.

I am making a guess here but the irritating one is Goldeneye, a
species of Viguiera. It has yellow flowers whereas Frostweed has
white flowers. Frostweed tends to be a tall(er) understory herb
whereas Goldeneye comes in dense stands commonly in the open and tends
to kill out other plants growing around it.

Rusty Mase