Old 30-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Henry

Default Coralife Aqualight vs. AHS

I am wondering if anyone has experience with Coralife Aqualife compact
fluorescent strip lights.

I am looking at a 48" "double strip" model for my 75 gallon freshwater
planted tank. The "fresh water" model has 6700 K lights and is 260 watts
(four 65 watt bulbs).

The Coralife light is somewhat more than the similar Aquarium Hobbyist
Supply "britekit", but it is not a kit , comes assembled, and includes the
bulbs. By the time the bulbs are added to the AHS hit and a hood has been
constructed etc. I think the costs will be the same. Also: the Coralife
setup has 4 65 watt bulbs whereas the AHS kit has 4 55 watt bulbs, so the
Coralife is 40 watts more powerful.

I know that AHS lights have a good reputation. Does anyone have any thoughts
on the Coralife Aqualights ??

Any comments greatly appreciated as I need to make my mind up and order one
or the other pretty soon.