Old 30-12-2004, 09:59 PM
K Barrett

LOL!! Yes!

Of course, that's a disingenuous answer. Some phals rebloom or bloom
sequentially from old spikes, others don't. If I'm unsure which kind I'm
dealing with I wait till the spike is dead before I cut it off. I lazy and
don't want to commit the brain cells to learning (and remembering) which is
which, *G*. So I Iet the plant vote.

With ones I *know* do not sequentially bloom I cut the spikes off. I do not
like the appearence of oddly branched spikes and smaller, uglier flowers.
I'm secure enough in my ability to get the plant to rebloom next season, so
I cut it off the old spike as soon as the flowers begin to fade. I don't
even wait for them *all* to fade. Once they start, the spike is gone.

K Barrett

"Pat Brennan" wrote in message
yes

"henry wolf" wrote in message
.. .
I tried both ways, do YOU cut a spent spike as soon as the last bloom
drops, or do you wait until the spike is all brown and dried-out.