Old 01-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:12:51 GMT David J Bockman wrote:

The strongest tissue is always the sclerenchyma, those cells of the tree
whose purpose is to strengthen and stabilize. Technically, sclerenchyma
cells are 'dead', in that moisture has migrated from the cell leaving only
the lignan (hence, 'lignification') behind.

Dave

Thanks for the information. I will keep it in my notes file, who knows it may
come useful in future.

Say, you would not know whether animal bodies have a cell which produces the
strongest and stabilizing form that is the analogy to sclerenchyma???

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies