Old 02-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Franz Heymann

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:46:01 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Also, are you aware that bonsai plants are supposed to be outdoor
plants, in spite of being potted?

franz, some tropical plants are sold as indoor bonsai and I guess

this
is one of those.

I'm glad i'm behind the times and haven't fallen for that sales
gimmick {:-))

You often see sad specimens in garden centres.
I gave up on indoor bonsai years ago as they are difficult to keep

in
a warm house where the atmosphere is dry. Outdoor ones are hardier

so
I stick with those.
This one I guess is an indoor one. I put Citrosa and bonsai into
google and it came up with a few sites, mainly in Swedish or

similar.
2 references said "Citrosa geranium". I've not the time now to look
them up or get the pages translated but Douglas may like to.

Hello Pam,
I was rash and just put in "Citrosa" and came up with 12,000 entries.
The upshot is that there appears to be a plant "Pelargonium citrosa",
which clicks with your "citrosa geranium". However, this name does
not occur in either The Plantfinder or in the RHS Encyclopedia. So
what gives?
If indeed there is a plant "Pelargonium citrosa" which has the main
characteristics of a pelargonium, why should it ge sold as a bonsai?
I'm still lost. Perhaps the OP can find the original label and
rnlighten us.

Franz