Old 02-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Tom2 Tom2.1i7czn@news
..gardenbanter.co.uk writes

Hello folks,
This is my first post to this site or any site for that matter so I am
not certain that I am doing right! never mind here go's
Can any one recommend a realy tasty tomato, over the years I have
grown a number of varieties but I still can not find a better one than
gardeners Delight though I did grow a variety called Myrical Sweet some
two years ago and it was truly delicious, I can not find this one now
anyone?
Cheers.
Tom2

Hi Tom2 - welcome to the group. Your mailing is fine, just avoid sending
in any graphics and you'll soon feel at ease here.

Gardener's Delight are an old favourite variety of tomato in the medium
to small sweet red range. They can be grown indoors or out, either as
cordons or as bushes. Grown indoors as cordons they will produce earlier
and larger fruits. Outdoor plants grown bush style give sweet bite sized
tomatoes which are very popular with kiddies. If you want to try
something different, Ailsa Craig, Alicante, Shirley and Harbinger are
good reliable croppers mainly for indoor growth.

Because tomatoes are a popular thing to grow, plant breeders tend to
bring out new varieties each year, so there are many to choose from.
Lots of them are only around for a short time and Myrical Sweet may no
longer be available. Remember though that as with a lot of food crops,
the flavour and texture of tomatoes depends on they way they are grown
as well as their variety. Best wishes.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.