Old 02-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Phil L

Broadback wrote:
:: I decided to ask here, as I know there are many decent level headed
:: people that subscribe. I am sorry for the off topic, I've spent
:: ages searching with Google and cannot get the answer.
:: How can I find the portion of donated money that goes to the
:: cause for which it is intended? I know that some charities have
:: very high administrative overheads. I wish to donate a
:: substantial sum (to me) for the Asian disaster, but I don't wish
:: for a high % of that going to highly paid administrators, web site
:: authors and many other things. TIA

League tables are a rarity these days as they do more harm than good, the
red cross have the ability, intelligence and expertise to put your cash to
the best use.(IMV of course)

http://www.redcross.org.uk/index.asp...52816713051445

If it's going to be from your own pocket, the chancellor will also have to
cough up...round about 28p for each pound you donate.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/index.asp?id=2321