Old 02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
June Hughes

In message , Broadback
writes
I decided to ask here, as I know there are many decent level headed
people that subscribe. I am sorry for the off topic, I've spent ages
searching with Google and cannot get the answer.
How can I find the portion of donated money that goes to the cause for
which it is intended? I know that some charities have very high
administrative overheads. I wish to donate a substantial sum (to me)
for the Asian disaster, but I don't wish for a high % of that going to
highly paid administrators, web site authors and many other things.

You could contact you local Rotary Club. The organisation has already
sent many shelter boxes (ie with tents, water purifying equipment and
tablets etc) during the last few days. You will find them by doing a
search on the net.
--
June Hughes