Old 02-01-2005, 11:30 PM
SugarChile

..

Their only downside is they're fairly slow getting the seed orders out
without paying an expediting fee, tho it's fairly reasonable.

About Pinetree....I saw an explanation of this in this year's catalogue.
They keep their staff on all year, rather than hiring a bunch of temps in
the spring. Thus the need to get your order in on the early side, or pay
the extra fee.

I like their seeds (they have good germination rates), I like their
policies, I love the great prices on books, and they have a large selection
of gladiolas at very good prices that do wonderfully for me each year. And
I agree, with a small garden, a packet from them is usually just the right
size.

Cheers,
Sue

--