Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM

you are right, he is mistaken. the fish dont need a rotting pine tree in there (nice
water lilies are fine). and yes, pine needles are a bitch to get out of the pond and
it will jam up the pump. get the pine tree out of there. Ingrid

"soonrgrl" wrote:
Anyway, my neighbor was out trying to push his retired Christmas tree
into the pond this afternoon.

His reply was that
he was giving the fish a place to live, and he asked me if I knew
anything about fish. Well, since I don't, I thought I would try to ask
around and get some more expert opinions on this issue. Is this a
reasonable thing for him to do?

I am concerned that his actions will result in a broken down pump
(which obviously, costs all of the homeowners to repair) or some other
problem. He tried to push the tree out there, but because the banks
are so shallow, it only made it out a few feet and got stuck there.
(okay, you can all stop laughing now!)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com