Old 03-01-2005, 02:59 AM
B & J

wrote in message
yes, in spring. once the stuff has come up and we know where it is.
Ingrid

"Romy Beeck" wrote:
I live 45 min. north of milwaukee but i think its to cold and froozen to
dig up right now but maybe in the spring i might be interested if its
the
right ormental grass thank you

Be sure you take along a shovel, a pick ax, a crow bar, and an ax when you
go to dig the grass. I dug up a three year old clump of Zebra grass
(Miscanthus sinesis 'Zebrinus' - Zone 5) a year ago last spring, and the
process took almost an hour and a half. Over a third of the time was spent
getting the clump out of the ground with the rest of the time devoted to
chopping the clump apart and potting the separated sections.

As far as grasses go, Zebra is a relatively slow spreader, although it
develops a well anchored root system. I would check how aggressive the grass
is before digging and planting. Some grasses sold as ornamentals can turn
into thugs.

John