Old 03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Huey Conway

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:41:22 -0600, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

snip
===
===## What paperwork did you have to fill out and where are you getting these
===things so cheap?
===

snip

Depends, on what the item is. I located an Industrial Chemical
supplier nearby. They have or can get virtually any chemical kown to
man. The only thing I had to do was fill in and apply for an
account......I elected top pay tax on purchase.........not try and rip
the state etc off in taxes........This paperwork then established an
account with them........There are some things controled by the
DEA........acetone, Potassium Permanganate etc, so I had to fill out
paperwork that was submitted to the DEA for approval. Usually if you
have a clean record, the office manager has the authority to waiver
the DEA approval and make the sales until they get the paperwork back
from DEA........after that the only things you have to sign for is if
its a controlled substance like PP, or Cyanide, and what you actually
sign is that yu have received an MSDS and know all about these
chemicals.........Thats its, simple......There is no minimum orders,
etc if you set up an account and deal in cash etc.......actually very
simple to do.

I buy a lot of cyanide on a monthly basis, and use lots of acetone.
Acetone is controlled by DEA (Tech grade, not the crap sold in big box
stores etc) as its used by illegal drug labs...............same thing
with PP. Its used in thr process of making illegal drugs, so quanities
over 1 or 2 or so pounds are controlled.

These places have one price and its basically wholesale or dealer
costs, as their chemicals are usually packaged as such to be utilized
in further manufactureing, or end use, and not geared to retail sales.
Packagine does not have instructions etc on them just simple labeling
as to contents and any associated symbology like skull and cross bones
or the data diamonds and UM codes.....no printed drival as typically
found on retail packaged items........They figure if your buiying it
in bulk you ought to know what your doing with it. Everything you
really need to know should be on the MSDS or in the processes your
usuing to utilize the stuff, not on a label......as there is more than
one use for chemicals, as we all know......NOw if it was packaged and
labeled for say treating ICH, yes, it wouldbe a ot higher due to
individual labels and smaller quanities and more handling of the
product, it all adds up, but bulk plain label packs are cheap.

I deal with Industrial Chemicals Inc........and they have distribution
/ dealer wharehouses all over the USA. Yes, quanities may be more than
one would normally use, but the amount you get is usually a lot more
and a cheaper price than what you would pay for a smaller prepackaged
item geared to public sales......As long as you pay taxes as you buy
for the materials, your fine.......Uncle Sam will not bother you.