Old 03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Ana

Thanks,
To you and to the responses.

So far I identified the grass in the yard as "mostly" St. Augustine. I'm
planning to leave the winterizing product for next year and just keep it
short pulling weeds by hand as I see them.

Assuming the forecast for the next 10 days or so is correct, the
temperatures won't go below the mid 50's. Based on that I planted the
eucalyptus making sure it has close to 6" of mulch all around it. I have a
big enough framed plastic to protect it during the night for the next drop
of temperature.

About my question. I've seen in catalogs and stores different
moisture/humidity probe sensors. Are they a reasonable tool to have or
just another gadget? if yes, is it worth to get a $20 and up or do the $5
at Home Depot do the job the same.

Ana

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Ana" contains these words:

I've been following this board for the last few weeks, along with

other
sites but can't seem to find basic solutions to apply when you realize

you
either neglected or somehow harmed a plant. I have books, brochures

and
websites saved that explain how to do things correctly from the first

time
but what could a newbie do when things don't go as planned?

Don't worry too much. Long-experienced gardeners still make mistakes
and kill things, it's just an opportunity for another experimental
planting.

Your best source of advice for your area, is a nearby gardener, and
most gardeners are very happy to offer advice, plants etc. Try joining
a local gardening club..they aren't just for experts and welcome new
members.

Janet