Old 03-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Broadback" wrote in message
I decided to ask here, as I know there are many decent level headed
people that subscribe. I am sorry for the off topic, I've spent ages
searching with Google and cannot get the answer.
How can I find the portion of donated money that goes to the cause

for
which it is intended? I know that some charities have very high
administrative overheads. I wish to donate a substantial sum (to

me)
for the Asian disaster, but I don't wish for a high % of that going

highly paid administrators, web site authors and many other things.

There was a recent summary in the BBC news. I have been led to
believe that 9% is used up in internal overhead costs.

I don't think one should ask such questions at all, but lash out as
much as one can afford, irrespecticely of the possible leakages. If
you were to donate £1, even if 50p gets lost, those in need will be
50p better off than if you wee to withold the pound..
Arrangements for plugging the leaks should be looked at in times of
relative quiet.

Franz