Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Mike

The IOW is slowly sinking, it's only a matter of time before the sea
bridges the gap between Yarmouth and Freshwater Bay.
--
Martin

The Car Park at Freshwater Bay is below sea level and it is only the sea
wall keeping Neptune out. At the other end in Sandown Bay, it is only the
Sea Wall near the Canoe Lake (as was) stopping the Island splitting again
round to Bembridge. 'That' wall is quite substantial and I don't think a
wave, or sets of waves as they had in Thailand would have breached it.

(Had a text from our daughter, on her way home from Thailand now. Gets to
Heathrow in the morning)

Mike