Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
John Savage

"Claire Petersky" writes:
thinking carrots -- do the pigs eat the tops as well as the root? Beets
maybe? I like beets and beet greens, but we could share these with the pigs.

They love both tops and roots of homegrown carrots, I know that!

Lettuce maybe for sure,

Sure, lettuce, too,

Radish tops? Spinach always seems to bolt on me, but

Not sure about radish tops, but try them. You can grow radish in the
Winter? Ours got the outside leaves of cabbage, too. They eat cut up
pieces of fruit such as apples, including the peelings.