Old 04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Sacha

On 4/1/05 10:43, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Cryptosporidiosis. [ It isn't much worse than salmonella, which
| really isn't a major issue. ]

| Dangers of Chlorine. [ Life is carcinogenic - again, a minor
| issue. ]

| And if that's not enough fun, there's Acanthamoeba, which can infect the
| cornea and turn people blind and of course, there's always good old E.coli.

E. coli is good for you - seriously :-)

No, I was referring to something that could (and may well) kill
thousands or more people in one go.

Perhaps I *am* better off not knowing! Just tell me if the charcoal filter
on our drinking water tap is going to work! I bet the answer is 'no'. But
if it's terrorist action we're thinking of, attacking our drinking water
with e.g. Anthrax is all too horribly possible and I have a strong feeling
that's been discussed in the press some time ago.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk