Old 04-01-2005, 05:46 PM

On 2005-01-01, K. Jo Garner wrote:
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Anne Lurie wrote:
-
-The opinions expressed by one poster (below) do not represent those of this
-newsgroup as a whole.

I would like to second that - although I do read news in a text-based
newsreader, and do prefer to use as-correct-as-I-can capitalisation, one
cannot assume any longer that the medium "assumes a monospaced font" -
esp. if you are reading news through a web-based interface.

http://groups-beta.google.com/suppor...2348&topic=108
The above is a pretty good guideline. It does say keep line length to
80 characters and to remove control characters ( which to me includes
HTML, MIME and such).

Here is the first paragraph to the above URL.
The Do's and Don'ts of Posting on Google Groups

The easiest way to learn what's acceptable on Usenet is by watching how
others use it. Once you've read a few hundred posts and witnessed a few
flame wars erupt, you should get a feel for what's appropriate and
what's not. To help you get there a bit faster (and to make sure you
don't unintentionally set off a flame war of your own), we've included
some basic tips that will help you fit into the Usenet community more
easily. This guide is adapted from the very helpful 'A Primer on How to
Work With the Usenet Community' by Chuq Von Rospach. For a more complete
guide to Usenet posting rules, search on Google Groups for 'usenet