Old 04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Tumbleweed

"goldfinch" wrote in message

Not under our wonderful new legislation. No, it is much closer to

home.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
---------------
OK. I have been wondering what you meant, Nick, and hoping that someone
else
would ask ;-)

Then today on the news we hear that our insane government had plans to
blow
up the channel tunnel with a nuclear bomb if the Russians were to try

and
invade us. The resulting massive waves would devastate most of the S.E.
coastal area. We only know this now because of the freedom of

information
act.

No they didnt.

Do you write newspaper headlines as well?Or just read the daily mail?

(translating 'some officials considered a bomb but it was never

implemented'
into 'government had plans to swamp SE with massive waves'.)

Not that there would have been any 'massive waves' anyway, maybe a small
ripple. (raspberry?)

--
Tumbleweed

-------------
I heard it on the BBC 1 news at 6 pm today. Obviously it was never
implemented ;-)

Probably more than a ripple though, being close enough to the shore even
if
it was in the middle of the channel.

Not if it was going to make the tunnel unusable for only 3 years.
And the middle of the channel is 10 miles from the shore.
They had tests in the nevada desert *much* nearer than that from las vegas
in the 50's, not even a tremor felt in LV.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com