Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Douglas[_1_] Douglas[_1_] is offline
Registered User

[quote=Tumbleweed]"goldfinch" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]

Then today on the news we hear that our insane government had plans to
blow
up the channel tunnel with a nuclear bomb if the Russians were to try and
invade us.
********

..........Providing the cold war had still been going on from 1994 onwards when the Tunnel was opened.

Besides, most, if not all of the previous Channel Tunnel attempts were, in the end, stopped as we all knowing souls in Britain still feared invasion from either the French, even though they had had no such intention too since about 1815, and the Germans.
So much so in fact that the some of the designs put forwards incorporated a means of flooding the tunnel from either the English side or both ends should an invading army from either country decide to use it as a pathway!

Makes you proud to be British, doesn't it?? cough.
******

The resulting massive waves would devastate most of the S.E.

******
.......And that would be a bad thing?? ;-) (JOKE).
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.