Old 05-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Casey Wilson

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
news:a9gCd.9712$1U6.3596@trnddc09...
Hello all,

My question is, should I repot it now or wait until it finishes
blooming? I put the pot (typical plastic thingy they are sold in, this one
is four inches) in a catch tray and poured a cup over water over the
medium. The water ran through almost immediately.
What I've read so far is that phalaenopsis is sensitive to
overwatering, so I want to be careful about that. Experience with other
flowers and plants is that repotting can be traumatic, and I don't want to
stress the plant.
Your suggestions are invited.

Thanks for all your friendly responses. On self examination, I suppose
my question was engendered from a desire to get rid of the ugly green 6-inch
plastic pot the plant came in. My end solution was to hide the ugly in an
attractive ceramic container which now rests atop an inch of white gravel in
a ten-inch diameter tray.

Regards,

Casey Wilson
Freelance Writer and Photographer