Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Kay

In article , Malcolm
writes

In article , Kay
writes

They also seem to get dozy, whether as a result of the sugars, rotting
fruit etc, or the cooler weather, and therefore are more likely to be
sitting around somewhere where you disturb them by accident.

That makes me wonder whether fermenting fruit could make them drunk (!),
as it certainly can mammals and birds. Which would mean you not only
have to look out for worse-for-wear wasps, but ones with hang-overs, too
:-)

That's certainly the theory I grew up with, but whether it has any
scientific basis I don't know.

--
Kay