Old 05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Jim Lewis

On 5 Jan 2005 at 22:27, Richard Patefield wrote:

wrote about the contribution of the usenet group to
our community:

There are 500 members of the list. I've estimatred over the
years that the newsgroup adds almost that much -- as well as
almost ALL of the newcomers to the art that we're trying to help
-- and attract.

The truth is that noone knows how many people read or post to the newsgroup.

Ackshully, after being on this list as long as I have been, and
being manager of the list for 2/3 of that time, I've gone over
the list of mail subscribers often enough to know it by heart.

I also know the regulars to the group who are NOT on the list,
and can identify the newbies who arrive crying for help. It
only takes a LITTLE thought to figure it out, Richard (and the
ability to go behind the list scenes that regular members don't
have. ;-)

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: