Old 05-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Stuart

The English language is defined by its usage, and the OED reflects
that. In geological jargon, they may be different, but this group
is uk.rec.gardening, and we use primarily normal English, secondarily
horticulural jargon and tertiarily botanical Latin.

My apologies to you all. I had thought that maybe some people might want to
know some proper definitions of things that were being discussed, as common
misconceptions can cause confusion. Now scientists will have to come up with
a new definition for tidal wave to prevent it being confused with a tsunami.

Regards,

Stuart